Friday, May 13, 2011

Last Full Day Scouting in the South.

Thursday was a VERY long day of scouting down here in the South.  I left the house at 5am and got back in around midnight.  This weather forecast for Saturday afternoon has me worried.  Cloudy, showers and SE winds of 15-20mph do not make for fun and easy birding.  It will be really tough for land birding, but we can use the wind and high tides to our advantage because it concentrated the birds on the few unflooded areas,  I spent the entire morning trying to get the best land bird spots because we're going to need them.  I followed a female Summer Tanager around for 45 minutes hoping to find her nest (I didn't).  The good part is that we know that females attract the males (works in humans too) and she had at least 2 males singing for her attention.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment