Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cold then Hot day of scouting

Too much scouting by teams involves going to established spots to reconfirm what's already been reported.  "Real" scouting involves endless stops at little visited spots to try and discover new things.  Unfortunately that takes a lot of time and can be very depressing when you repeatedly find nothing interesting at each stop.  I spent the first half of today doing " real" scouting and it was really depressing.  I felt I had nothing to show for it, but actually I found some really nice areas for the future and had some good finds to go with it.  It didn't help that it was unseasonably cold and birds were pretty quiet.  See my pics of how cold and some Purple Martins too cold to even open their eyes let alone fly!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment